1) The rests in between are as important as the notes you play.
2) Sometimes you need to start from the end and work backwards.
3) You don’t always need a conductor. Do your own thing.
4) You can learn a lot by just listening.
5) Practicing something over and over is the best way to learn.
6) Always bring something to write with.
7) Keep your instrument clean and everything will be easier.
8) If you try really hard, you get cookies.
Our newest iPad app for kids, MusiQuest, is now available. It’s a great compliment to music lessons, or a way for kids to get started learning music before they even choose an instrument.